Wykopaliska [Excavations] is the first so comprehensive collection of poems by Jacek Kaczmarski in Russian with a CD with works performed by the actors of the Moscow theatre Teatrium na Serpukhovke in new arrangements.
The album contains Jacek Kaczmarski's works translated into Russian, especially those related to Russia. Anyone who is at least briefly acquainted with Kaczmarski's work will certainly be aware of the fact that Russia was an important part of it. He drew inspiration from Russian culture – Tarkovsky's films ("Rublow" [Rublev], "Stalker"), literary works ("Obłomow, Stolz i ja" [Oblomov, Stolz and I] based on Goncharov's works), paintings ("Encore, jeszcze raz" [Encore, once again] based on Fedotov's work), and history ("Sen Katarzyny II" [A Dream of Catherine II], "Lekcja historii klasycznej" [Lesson of classical history] and "Wigilia na Syberii" [Christmas Eve on Siberia[) and historical biographies ("Samobójstwo Jesienina" [Yesenin's Suicide], "Zmartwychwstanie Mandelsztama" [Mandelstam's Resurrection], "Pożegnanie Okudżawy" [Farewell to Okudzhava], "Epitafium dla Włodzimierza Wysockiego" [Epitaph for Vladimir Vysotsky[). He referred to Vysotsky's work in several of his songs, starting with "Obława" [Manhunt], which he wrote at the age of 17, impressed by "The Wolfhunt" performed by the Russian bard at a closed house concert in Warsaw in 1974.
We hope that this publication will bring the Russian audience closer to the works of Jacek Kaczmarski, one of the most outstanding, interesting and versatile Polish artists. And the Polish audience will have an opportunity to find out how the well known Polish bard songs sound in Russian translations and new, gripping arrangements.
- Wykopaliska: [Wiersze wybrane] [Excavations: Selected poems ]; Selection by: Andrey Bazilevsky, Małgorzata Szniak
- GRAPHIC DESIGN: Mariya Bazilevska
- TRANSLATION: Andrey Bazilevsky, Zhanna Perkovskaya, Sergei Skorvid , Alla Sharapova;
- AUTHOR OF TEXTS AND MUSIC: Jacek Kaczmarski
- THE PERFORMERS: Pavel Povalichin, Anastasiya Tiukova, Pavel Nikitchenko, Sergey Dik, Evgeny Mischechkin, Andrei Bogdanov, Anna Prokopieva, Georgiy Yegiyants, Sergei Batov
- ORCHESTRA: Sergei Osokin accordion, Vadim Mokugov guitar, Yuri Chevin domra, flute, mandolin, Oleg Maryakhin saxophones, Sergei Kondratev bass guitar, double bass, Olga Yakovleva percussion instruments, Pavel Demidov drums,
- SONGS ARRANGEMENTS, CONDUCTOR: Maxim Gutkin
- ADMINISTRATOR, ORCHESTRA DIRECTOR, CONCERTMASTER, SINGING TEACHER: Olga Yakovleva
- DIRECTOR: national artist of the Russian Federation Tereza Durova
- SOUND ENGINEERING: Oleg Nasonov and Tatyana Prusova
- MUSIC PRODUCER: Tomasz Gąssowski
- RECORDING: Przemek Nowak, Rafał Paczkowski
- MIX IN A P.I.Y. STUDIO..: Rafał Paczkowski